Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Happy Birthday!
Friday was my Dad's 76th b-day. He is a very special Dad. I haven't met anyone in my 51 years who doesn't like my Dad. He is a very loveable person & doesn't have a enemy in the world.
The other day I heard the song zippety do-da & I immediately thought of my Dad he used to sing this to Cheryl, Johnny and I. I could picture a bluebird sitting on his shoulder---I just love that song.
My Dad has this little whistle, we would hear it when he came through the door at night from work or if he was close by---he would whistle and say I'm home! It has become a kind of a family thing for us too.
HE IS:
Giving, Hard working, amazing teacher, funny and kind to everyone.
The other day after we had everyone over for a little party for him--Mark said, "Your Dad is the greatest". I hope he knows how much his family LOVES him. We feel so blessed to be able to call him Dad. Love you, Susan

3 comments:

Webb Family said...

Grandpa is the best!!! That song reminds me of him too! We would sing it when we would take walks. Happy Birthday Grandpa I feel bad I never posted anything on my blog.

Cheryl said...

He is the best dad in the world! I loved going on fishing trips with him. I always felt special being with him. Happy Birthday Dad!!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Hi Susan i came across your blog, i can't believe how much your family has grown, and all your grandkids.. i am getting that chance now to see how much fun it is i will have two in May.. Your post made me cry..about your dad, as i look at my own dad and see how they are getting old and how fragile they are my parents will be 80 this june i keep on telling everyone they are 76 until my mom had to set me straight!!! your family is beautiful.. i have to laugh and remind Willie that your girls changed his daipers! he get all embarassed!! tell them all hi for us..