Monday, April 7, 2008

Family Togetherness

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you
call it, whoever you are, you need one." Jane Howard

I grew up in a wonderful family, I just loved being with them. Here are 5 things I remember.

  1. We loved playing board games on the Christmas break and during the summer-- clue, monopoly, sorry, and risk!
  2. We always took wonderful summer vacations---one year we took a month long trip back east with my grandparents. We saw historical places, and met friends and cousins I never knew before.
  3. We built a family cabin at forest lakes---we learned how to wallpaper and put tile down. What fun we had learning together!
  4. We went to church every Sunday in our station wagon---I loved getting dressed up and going to town. Even now, Sunday is my favorite day of the week ---being uplifted at church and being with my family the rest of the day!
  5. We loved homemade ice cream---my mom would make tutti-fruitti and we would take turns cranking the handle---well before we got the electric one!

I know I'm lucky. There was a lot of laughing and teasing in our house , and we knew we were loved by very special parents! Now our family is growing and we have some of the same traditions I had growing up and what a crazy time we have together!







Hey, wasn't President Monson great again in the afternoon session of conference? What a sweet humble man and I love his sense of humor. And what love he has for his wife!




4 comments:

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

loved, loved Conference! couldn't get enough of it.. Loved Bro. Bedinars talk and what he said about Missioanry work (of course i have to, that is my newest calling "ward Missionary" ha i know i laughed too! I told our Bishop that i think he was praying about someone else! actually it has been fun.. looks like you guys have some great family time together..

Paige said...

what a great post i love being in such a close family and sundays are so fun for me too. yes conference was great. i think pres.monson is so sweet.

Bridget and Dustin said...

Love the cute pictures of the family. I loved conference and all the great talks. Pres. Monson is so great and so sweet.

Cheryl said...

Fun to hear all the family memories. I loved conference too and I agree President Monson is such a sweet man with a great sense of humor!