Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My Mt. View Toro

Here is a picture of Steven and his friend Brett he decided he wanted to play football his senior year. He hasn't played since 9th grade, but last year he started weightlifting and all his friends urged him to go out for the team. Tonight they scrimmaged Corona, the whole time I couldn't find him because they didn't have numbers on their jersey's and I was just hoping he was getting to play. After the game I went down to the field and he said, Mom did you see my interception. Well------ I don't think so I didn't know which player you were? ----some Mom I am! He was feeling pretty good about the game and couldn't wait to call Mark who is out of town. His coach said,Daley, I can't believe it, the first play and they throw it right to you. I think it's going to be a good year!

8 comments:

Bridget and Dustin said...

Way to go Steven on your first big night! I can't wait to see you play!

Webb Family said...

That is so great and I would be the same way! I can't wait to see him play!!

xanadu said...

Hello dahling,
Just trying to keep up with your family. Love your blogg. How fun with Jack being back home. Looks like y'all are have a great time.
Steven is a SR.???? No way!!!! There's something wrong about that, no? Fantastic interception, tho. Looks like the Daley family may have a shot at a hall-o-famer yet. Good for you Steven!
Loads - o - Luv,
A. Xan

Cheryl said...

Sounds like it is going to be a great season. Tell Steven I can't wait to hear more about football!!

Skousen Family! said...

how FUN!!
I can't wait to see him PLAY!

onehm said...

Do you totally worry about him?! That's one of the things that I fear about my boys. They will want to play football and get hurt! (Guess they won't be playing next week or anything, but still!!)

Susan said...

Oh I am very worried. But I don't want him to have any regrets someday. He isn't very big but he is pretty fast---I hope--- anyway that's what he tells me!

Anonymous said...

Yeah. What a wonderful mom moment.