Monday, November 26, 2007

What a Great Thanksgiving!

How do all you bloggers do it? Getting through the turkey comas, family get togethers, late night parties,early morning shopping sprees etc, etc,& so on, then fitting in a Happy Thanksgiving post. You are all amazing! ---- We had a terrific Thanksgiving weekend. We had my family over for dinner which turned out great with all the many hands that helped with the yummy dinner. I have been crazy about sweet potatoes lately so I made them every way I could think of--when I was a kid I didn't like them at all. Every time I would see them with marshmallow's I would gag. Boy time's have changed last month I even had sweet potato fry's (delicious). Anyway, we had a wonderful day, watched football, visited,slept, and the kids had fun making turkey puppets. Thanks to Stacy for the fun pictures she is quite a photographer. Mark and I found out his brother was moving so we headed to his house to help but most of the work was done, I don't know how much help we really were. When we got back to the house Jack came in and said I thought we wer'e going to the movies so he made some calls and Paige, Rex and the kids met us. We saw "Enchanted" and everyone loveddddd it. I kept finding myself smiling all through the movie---everytime I looked down the row I was shocked at how Landon was sitting so still watching the movie I kept thinking he must be asleep----but he was just loving the show! The next morning Mark and I headed to San Felipe for a very relaxing time. We ate shrimp in town, golfed, watched the sunrise over the sea, ate more mexican food, watched movies and I even finished the book " Twilight"! I still can't believe I enjoyed a love story about vampire's! Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving we loved celebrating with all our family. Wow now we can enjoy the Christmas season. Wahoo!




















5 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

sounds like a fabulous and fun thanksgiving! Twilight is awesome! and my kids love Enchanted too! and they were even singing in the car afterwards! you have a gorgeous family , what a great family picture!

Cheryl said...

I loved the movie "Enchanted" too! Thanks for having Thanksgiving at your house. It was so much fun and the sweet potatos were delicious!

Stacey Crewse said...

We had such a great time at your house! I say next year it's there again! How fun to end the holiday weekend in Mexico, sounds like a relaxing trip! I'm almost done with the 2nd book from Twilight, (Thanks to Brooke I'm borrowing it) so it goes to you next! I love it!

Webb Family said...

Thanksgiving at your house was so perfect! Yeah! I'm so happy you finished the book.

Debbie said...

Susan: I'm so glad that you left a comment on our blog and that I got to see yours. I'll be visiting more often now!!! Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving. We also went to see enchanted over the holidays. It was a bit tricky to fit it in but we managed a 10:30pm showing with Mary. (I never go that late!!) Also was glad to see that you jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. I was so shocked when I discovered what a big phenomenon it is but they are fun stories. I sent Andrew and Alissa back to Utah with a copy so they could read it on the way home and they really enjoyed it! Imagine that!!