Sunday, February 24, 2008

Game Night!

Sunday night I told the kids I had a new game to play. It was a game my cousins from California (who I always thought were so cool) played when they came to Arizona in the summer. You take a saucer cup of flour and press it very tight in the cup, put a plate on top and turn it over. Tap the cup and slowly lift the cup and you have this flour molded like the cup. Next you put a nickel or dime on top of the flour cup. Take a butter knife and everyone takes turns slicing the the flour but you don't want the coin to fall, but when it does the person that it falls on has to pick up the coin with their mouth. You can't use your hands, so has you can see your face is covered in flour. The grandkids loved it! Of course I never wanted to make it fall so I wouldn't get flour all over me----well they thought that was the best part! They loved digging for the coin with their face buried in the flour. The 3 little ones didn't really play, but Landon and Carter wanted to get their faces dirty too! Of course Miss Kennedi just smiled and didn't want to get that pretty little face messy. Cheryl & Johnny do you remember playing this?





7 comments:

Paige said...

we had so much fun the other night, the kids love the new game. i remember us kids playing that game, and now that i'm a mom i can't believe what a messy game. you are so cool mom!

Stacey Crewse said...

Those pictures are classic! What a fun game! I want to play it one of these days with my kids they would LOVE it! How fun!!

Cheryl said...

Yes, I remember that game and also spoons. I also remember playing ping-pong with Uncle Dick where you run around the table. It was so fun!!!

Webb Family said...

Mom you are such a fun Grammie! I remember playing it when I was little.

Emily Evans said...

Those pictures are hillarious! Your lucky little grandkids are always having so much fun! I can't wait to see you next week.

ZB said...

Love love love this game. It's a classic.

Sassy said...

That looks like such a great time with your family! I'm going to have to do that with my grandkids...

These blogs are so much fun for reconnecting with old and dear friends ♥ Kayola